Wednesday, March 08, 2006

NITIE.....Dho Dala !!!

After the comparatively disappointing day with IIM L yesterday I was eager to show the improvements and NITIE was good stage before the 2 big encounters with B and C.
So here are my experiences with the NITIE….

Process:

I reached at NITIE between 8-8.30 am for the registration. Then we were asked to assemble in the Auditorium for the presentation on NITIE and it’s activities.
HATS off to the IMPACT team for such a good presentation and also overall support during the entire procedure.

Then we were called for the documents verification and then group for the GD is formed there.
There were 12 people in the group.

Rules of the Game

The topic displayed on the laptop kept in front of us.
2 mins to think and 18 mins to discuss and last 2 mins for group to conclude.

Topic :

The skills learnt from the management subjects will not match that learnt from the actual experience.

I was sitting in the middle so good position to get command over the group.
I put some very good points and also earned good reputation from the group members.
I was at my best today !!!! So GD was cakewalk for me.

PI

I came to know the PI having panel of 6. I thought it is good, I will have good variety of questions and it went as follows….

Q: Describe yourself
Me: My standard answer... they stop me meanwhile and started asking questions.

Q: You are from COEP ? There is name change what the new name ?
Me: Sir they changed it to PIET and then again to COEP

Q: Why there is name change ?
Me: Sir…150 years brand value so alumni opposed the name change.

Q: Do you participated in the rowing in college boat club ?
Me: No sir I am not a good swimmer.

Q: So that means you have fear of water ?
Me: Not true sir….rowing and water sports never fascinated me and actually I am too busy with the my other activities.

Q: It feel you are interest in indoor activities? Is it right ?
Me: No sir ….I done lot of things, which were outdoor like sports and other events.

Q: What are your hobbies ? Apart from work what you do ?
Me : Sir I coordinate the activities of my group SPANDAN.

Q:What is SPANDAN ? What you do in it ?
Me: Sir we perform various activities like ……and I coordinates and sometimes participate in them.

Q: Rushikesh why not ISB ?
Me: Sir I think ISB need more work experience and also for me a two year course will more apt than one year course ?

Q: So what do think how many years of work ex require for ISB ?
Me: I think 3+ is sufficient sir. But I think the quality of work experience is more important than the quantity here.

Q: So you mean you don’t have quality work ex ?
Me: No sir….but it is true that as I changed my job so most of the time I was under grooming and last 6 months I am working on the leadership role,

Q: What are you doing in TCS ?
ME: I am working in TCS-Nortel CDMA ODC, I am working in regression testing sir. (seems they are clueless here !!!)

Q: Why we should take you ?
ME: Sir,,,,my diverse background I work from assembly line to the IT so that will add value to my profile.

Q: Do you like to work for TCS after MBA ?
Me:Surely…..if they will be offering me work in my area of interest.

Q: So what is your area of interest ?
Me: It is consulting sir,,,but still I will give the thought during my first year of MBA about my specialization.

Q: Which schools you attended ?
Me: (Took it wrong like….Which schools you work for ? I though he is asking on SPANDAN again….) sir LNHV school and junior college in Jamkhed located in Ahemdnagar district.

Q: Why Bajaj don’t offer you profile in R&D ?
Me: No sir they put me in other departments.

Q: What is VAT ? Why they call it as Value Added when actually they are taxing you ?
Me: Sir it is actually the tax on the value added so that the cascading effect of the taxing get avoided.

Q: What is ProVAT ? It is something came before the VAT ?
Me: No idea sir.

Q:What is diff between VAT and MAT ?
Me: I told the definitions of two….but told I can’t differentiate between two.

Q: What are your long term goals?
Me : Bata Diya

Q: You applied to IIMS ?
Me: Yes and thankfully I got calls from all six of them.

Q: So which interviews you finished ?
Me: AKL sir ….rest yet to finish.
(Suddenly the panel became silent like they feel anyways this guys will not going to join NITIE so why to waste more time)

Thank You !!!

I used my mantra of 5c perfectly so I can say I was at my best in PI also….

No wonder if NITIE give me a final call.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Harsha said...

good show dude....wish u all the best.

harsha
PGDIM 12
NITIE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home