Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I think NO Luck Now !!!

After my 2 encounters I am feeling that my Luck Account is depleted badly and that you will also agree after reading my experience with the IIM L.

Place : Dadar Mumbai
Day : Thu 07/03
Time : 2pm Panel 2

Rule of the game
1. We had asked to write a essay in 150 words on given topic.
2. Then is was followed by the 15 min GD and then PI.

TOPIC: The cost of living is increasing and the chance of living is decreasing.
About the Group


Frankly the whole discussion lack liveliness. I can blame is for the 2 people being absent so only 8 people in the group and no one is picking others points and coming with his/her own views. I wonder how the discussion went on middle class having resources but lacked happiness. Someone also tried talking on philosophical view....me chipped in 6-7 time and here are the points brought.

1. Cost of living ....cost to fulfill basic needs.
2. We have developing economies still the fruits of development is not getting distributed equally.
3. Given stats... India though growing at 8 % per annum still we have 25 percent on paper and 38 percent people below poverty line also put forward the digital divide issue.
4. Take ex of India and China.....India have democracy and China have communism still both government are lacking in the overall development front.....so apart from the government to support the reforms the corporate should chipped in......they should go to the bottom of the pyramid like ITC e-choupal.
5. Why prices increases....inflation....we need to take care it.
6. Quoted Rach and Amartya Sen's work underline the poverty is results of economic mismanagement and poor reforms so we need to work on this.
Though my points look strong still I was not able to steal the show due to the my unusual stammering articulation and the others not picking my points so they are not getting discussed......what ever it may be but I was not at my best here.......can rate 06/10.

PI
The two guys before me were grilled on the acads and other stuff almost 20 mins each so I am expecting same treatment from the profs but here how it went

P1 : Can you close the door well ?
Me : Ok sir.
P1: So your name is Rushikesh and your father's name is Chandrahas
Me: (What's in name sir...ask me what that mean I am ready with answer ).....Yes Sir !
P2: How you pronounce your sirname?
Me: (What is this man....??) me pronounce it .....Smile !!
P1: Tell me about yourself ?
Me: Standard 2 min ka ans.
P1: So why you left Bajaj and Join TCS?
Me: Told him the reason
P1: (looking into my file ) You studied Industrial management ? What was there ?
Me: (Ohh the subject I read one day before exam) Said some weird things.
P1: No tell me something like list of topics ?
Me: Like sir various ways in which the industrial operations are handled like marketing HR finace
P1: What is similarity between marketing and HR?
Me: I told see HR job is to motivate people to perform best and same is the Marketing guy has to do he has to
motivate his team to increase the sell so both are people centric..
P1: But then every thing in management are people centric tell me something different
Me: (Not agreed boss....In finance I mange money ) No idea sir.
P1: tell me what is EVA ?
Me: Bata diya.
P1: How much is your EVA ?
Me : Bata diya.
P1: How do you calculate EVA in TCS?
Me : Bata diya.
P1: Not happy......but how you decide how to distribute the EVA ?
Me: (sab moh maaya hai sir ) I told sir appraisal decides rating and rating decides EVA.
P1: Who does your appraisal? Your boss? Is it 360 degree ?
Me: My immediate boss....no sir it is only unidirectional no 360 degree.
P2: In TCS context tell me what is internal and what is external clients ?
Me: No idea about the internal clients sir....External like Nortel GE......if I have to guess on the internal part I say employee and stakeholders....
(P1 Now looking thought my file.....no expressions )
P1: All companies main aim is to earn money ? Are you agree ?
Me: Yes I do agree on this and if you are earning money by good ways there is nothing bad about it....but at same time take example of TATA they spend 30 % of there PAT on the social causes....so there are exceptions also.
P2: What is TBEM (Tata Business Excellence Model ) ?
Me: Explained it.
P2: I want the quantitative model ?
Me: I remember there are 1000 points divided into the various areas ,...I told 485-500 for results ....85 each for 4 groups like leadership....quality and some other two aspects....
P2: What is these two aspects TELL ME ?
Me: Sir I can't recollect.
P2: Thik Hai !!!
P1: Do you remember your acads ?
Me: yes sir !!!
P1: What is Boolean algebra ?
Me: Bata diya ?
P1: Your know any other similar methods ?
Me: No sir...we studied only single
P1: He told some 3-4 extra terrestrial methods which was at least no there when I studied digital electronics....any idea on these ?
Me: No sir.
P1: What say P2 I think we done with you so you may leave now !!!!
Me: (What is this only 10 mins....sir ask some more things.... ) Thank You sir .....have a Nice Day..
That's it and I am done with the IIM L.....so here goes the tally....

IIM A : Gone on toss.....lets see head or tail in April.
IIMK : I am at my best....who care about the rest !!!!
IIM L : They are sure to take me or not to take me.....but I am not sure which one of these is final verdict so for the time being I will say No Luck Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home