Monday, February 27, 2006

Think Big ----Three Events one Learning!!!!

It was short break for me after my initial encounters with two IIMs. I was not sure what to do during this time. The thoughts of in or out were hovering, especially about the WIMWI. At the same time I attended three different events/activities and believe me together they tought me single lesson THINK BIG.

Rang De Basanti

There were many movies pending after the CAT results are out and obviously I choose the RDB first. I read lot about this movie over last 3 weeks but more than that I learnt a lot when I actually seen it.

The sacrifice of the great martyrs told you that the only one think that acted as the driving force for their act was their strive for the freedom and their strong faith in their values. What we lack today is this BIG VIEW to look at our lives.
HATS OFF TO RDB for showing me how I indulge into the trivial things to loose the big view of life.

Quiz Time

First, I attended the TCS Couple O Quiz; an annual TCS quizzing event’s final at J.W.Mariott on Saturday. The students of Victoria Blind School marked the evening with their great yoga performance. The quiz that followed was one more trademark event of the pickbrain’s fabulous quiz show.
On Sunday it was time for the TATA Crucible Final at Taj Lands End Bandra. This is
the most difficult quiz where students from the best B-School of India battled for the coveted crown.

Both of these quiz events shown me the indefinite gamut of the knowledge and how small of it I know.

Ayushavar Bolu Kahee !! (आयुष्यावर बोलू काही !!!)

This is the Marathi poetry concert by the Sandeep and Salil who are my favorite for the Marathi poems and songs.
Unfortunately I missed their earlier concerts in Pune and until now they hadn’t conducted it in Mumbai. I am fortunate enough to attend the 150th show of this program on Sunday.
Apart from the joy of being in True Love these poems shown me the various aspect of the life and relationships. The some of the poems like Namnjur is real great and help you to think beyond your limitations.
For those who appreciate Marathi poetry here is one of my favorite of yesterdays program.

"व्यर्थ हे सारेच टाहो,
एवढे ध्यानात राहो,
मुठ पोलादी जयांची!
ही धरा दासी तयांची!! "

All this collectively helped me to look big at picture of Management Education ahead rather than restricting it to trivialities like ranking and placements.

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Mayank said...

Thanks Rushi 4 ur comments.
outcome budget was also proposed last year(I m not sure whether it was implemented). Gender and minority budgeting are vote garnering tactics.


BTW, you have a great blog. In this particular article , do correct the spelling of Rang in the title of RDB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home