Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Encounter 1 : WIMWI

I never felt this day would ever come in my life and I will appear to the IIM A inetrview and hence damn sure this was my first and last chance to make most out of it.
But I didn't want this to put some extra pressure on me.
So Day 1 ,I reached Ahemdabad, I enjoyed meeting my friends there in IIM A and got some gyan from them.

Then came the D-Day.....I reached the place at 1.30 PM and the procedure started about 2.00 PM......Here is how it went .....

Case Study

It was related to the some small PC firm in Gujarat facing various problems in finance, employee atrrition and also customer satisfaction.

Someone started with directly jumping to the SOLUTION so I came in saying no wait we will discuss the case first (Good Chance to enter the GD !!!)
Then I came 4-5 times.....categorized the problems in 3 cat and ask group to focus on one by one.....again talked about the solution part....that’s it.

It was very peaceful affair and everyone was getting his/her bandwidth.....
I was at my best and really rocked here !!!

PI
1. So what you are doing right now ?
2. Since how long you are there ?
3. Are you team leader ? (No sir I am prime....not team leader)
4. How many primes are there ?
5. You do appraisals of your team members ?
6. Do you have subs on networking (have 0ne sir....but major was telecom communication subs )
7. Tell me about the in mobile telephony where are wires and were it is wireless ?
8.. Which is protocol for the wireless ?
9. What are BTS ?
10. Explian roaming ? (I aksed him he want roaming or handoff ? He said HANDOFF.....so then I gave all the handoff deatils and type like softer,soft and hard )

(Upto this point I was at my best to ans )

Prof 2 came into picture....

10. You done your BE project in Antenna Array (Mentioned in my file )
tell me what are they ? tried to explain......I think he need application here.....which I fumble to tell..... (He told me that wh he want and what ans is......That Realy Bad and Sad for me ) .......MISTAKE NO 1

11. Why GA .....do you gave thought on other algos ...?
I told we know there were some AI algos also ....
12. Which are they ? (I don't remember the names)
13. So why GA not the others (I told it was my guides advice that GA are easy to implement....)
(He want this only!!!! he laughed and told other two that they followed the guide advise and used GA because they were easy to implement........My MISTAKE NO 2 )
14. Then he ask me about the Qs on one graph ?
15. One more graph ......asked it is increasing or decreasing ?
16. He looked into the whole certis and suddenly went out
Prof 3 came into scene
17. So what is TRAI ? What they do ?
18. Will the spectrum allocation affect your work ?
19. What is TRAI 99 policy ?
20. What is unified licensing (I explain about the circle and bidding ka details but he want smt different so I said no idea )
21. Under which min Telecom come (I told Information and Broadcasting.......he ask me again I said that only.....but it was wrong......MY MISTAKE NO 3)
22. Then there are some news that gov is favoring CDMA ? (I said these are allegations )
23. Explain what are they ?
24. what will be effect of this on GSM ?
25. You are from Ahemdnagar ? (I corrected small place Jamkhed in that district.... )
26. So how it got name Ahemdnagar ? (Told about the Nijam Shah's name ...)
27. Same is with Ahemdabad ? (No idea sir !!!)
28. Your place is famous about something what is that ? smt related to health ? (I told the Award winning work of Dr Arole couple )
29. How the work going on now ? (I told it got affected after demise of Mrs Arole )
30. What are the corps in your area ? (I told them.......and added all fruits and vegs are also available......He asked are you sure? .....I told yes sir because it is very well connected with other places so if not production but supply is very good ...!!! )

Thank You !!!........You may have toffees !!!!

So summary is very cool interview,......no stress ...no grilling......through out I was calm,cool and confident....and my 3 BOLD MISTAKES !!!!
I don't know what will matter finally........

My good acads.......lots of achievements........all types of extra curricular one can do .....3 years of diverse experience.....Good and balance CAT score .....very well written form.......great case study show.............
OR MY 3 STUPID MISTAKES !!!!

Time will say all ......but one thing is sure this To Be or Not To Be Sucks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home