Monday, December 05, 2005

The ALCHEMIST

As I decided yesterday the first step towards my destination should be self-Management and cogitated over the steps I need to take towards it. Vinayak suggested me to go through a book The Alchemist and I finished it in 4 hours straight reading …. and that also on the Sunday Night.....At the end of the book I realized that I gained a some wisdom from it (definitely less than what the Crossword CEO Shreeram guaranteed with the FULL REFUND in 15 Days Tag on the Book).
Here is what I would like to share with you ..

It's a story of a boy who always believe in his dreams and decided to become shepherd just to experience the world fullest. The same boy had seen a dream of a treasure near the Pyramid of Egypt at first he just neglected it as something that can NEVER BE ACHIEVED. Later on when the old lady and then King of Salem added some confidence in him he started believing that his dream can be achieved one day. During his journey towards his destination whenever he lost his belief and found him on the verge of almost relinquishing the idea of finding the treasure, the confidence added to him by the Old Man always reminded him his dream and brought him back on the right path.......Then he met the Girl at OASIS whom he felled in love with(This love is driven by the Language of the Universe....Not the laws of attraction) who again boosted his confidence to go and get his DESTINATION first (To much contradiction to the Modern Girls of Our Time?).

Then came the ALCHEMIST in picture and his wisdom, which underscore the boy's belief in Language of Universal. The story ends with the boy seeing his Dream come true!!! The GYAN from that 172 pages can be summarized as ......
1. Believe in your dreams.
2. You dream might be the futile for others but don't give up......It is precious to you.
3. Follow the omens (as per the old man's saying " All the things happening around you doing their best to lead you to your DREAM)
4. Never give up. (Look like clinch but that’s what the book tells you)
5. Never loose the larger picture of life indulging in trivial things.
6. Learn the language of the universe (This is the most baffling term used throughout the text...To make it easy I can coined it easy I can coined it as PURE LOVE)
So that's about the ALCHEMIST.
Should I go and ask my 195 bucks back????.....Surely NOT !!

I also picked the famous 'Five Point Someone' yesterday......Don't know how much it will add value......But 3 pages that I finished yesterday will definitely indicative of the one more good book on my list....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home