Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Encounter 05 : Call from CAL??…. Everything Crossed !!!!

First Impression:

I contacted guys who had interviewed yesterday and from their experiences came to know that the CAL profs are so cordial (total contrast to their earlier reputation!!) and trying to get best out of you so obviously I didn’t need to worry about the MATH stuff.

Against all odd:

At the time of IIMA it was sudden eruption of my wisdom teeth, which didn’t, brought any wisdom to me but caused lot of trouble. This time it was Food Poisoning. When I waked up at morning I realized that there is something terribly wrong with my stomach and then next 2 hours were just hell for me (will not mention here to maintain the sanity of my blog !!).
This all mess-up resulted in 30 mins late to left the home for Dadar and adding to it there was only slow local available so no option. I was looking into my wristwatch throughout my journey.
Luckily I managed to reach the center at 1.45 pm and had nice time with people out there before clock stroked 2.00.

Rule of the game:
3 mins to think….13 mins to speak and 1 minute of everyone to summarize.

GD:

There were 12 people in a group with one lady sitting at center. (You can say center of attraction also!!!)

Topic: Life is chair.
(Does IIMC devoid of creativity? Repetition of last year’s day 01 topic…)

The GD was semi fish market where most of the times 2-3 people were trying to coming at same time.

I came up almost 4 times (but might have tried to came up 10-12 times and skipped…I don’t like this but that was unavoidable)

My contribution
Human life need support of basic needs like cloths, food, shelter and education same like 4 feet’s of chairs.
The most important element of the chair is its support similarly nation though supported by many pillars the most important is “ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT”
The chair don’t differentiate between who is sitting on it and offer equal relief to everyone similarly life give everyone same chances to grow.
Some crap here
(When asked to summaries I was 3rd last to do so….I said as most of my team members given the summary well I further want to add that the basic function of chair is to give the relief but still we demand for modified and fancy chair…similarly in life our basic needs are limited but we always demand more than that and this journey don’t have any end so we need to draw line here….blah blah )

So if I have to rate my performance I was near GOOD (but definitely not BEST)

PI

(Panel 2 IIMC profs and 2 alumni one working with MAFCO)
Q. Tell me about yourself?
ANS: My standard answer (Told about my group SPANDAN here)

Q. What is SPANDAN?
ANS: Explained meaning of word.

Q. I want to know the details of it ? Like, work you do ?
ANS: Sab kuch bata diya.

Q. How many members? Do you raise funds or only contribution by work ?
ANS: told in details.

Q. Your place is famous about something? Tell me (same Qs as IIM A )
ANS: Told the reason.

Q. Do you know MAFCO? (Lady from MAFCO asked this)
ANS: I said NO (the lady was very surprised and told me its very famous and you should know it. The other prof added that they were first one to start the concept of frozen chickens)

Q. Any idea why the MAFCO is collapsing?
ANS: (How I should know this when I don’t know what it is in first place) No MAM.

Q. You can draw the similar line with other thing in same region
ANS: I said I will compare it with the collapse of cooperative sector in MHA and gave reasons for its collapse they seem not interested in this crap (I reason to mention this was in my career goal I mentioned that I want to help this dilapidating firms in future)

Q. Your region has many sugar factories can you talk on the environment effect of it
ANS: Talked on the air and water pollution due to sugar factories.

Q. Do you know any environment standard for it?
ANS: I said I am not aware (I just recollected it while writing this that it is ISO 14000)


Q. Ok…Rushikesh you are TRUE INDIAN?
ANS: Yes sir (with full of confidence)

Q So will you tell me what is your reaction if Sonia Gandhi become PM of India ?
AND: I told sir I strongly believe in the Indian saying that Atithy Devo Bhava ….with this Sonia Gandhi becomes not only daughter of Gandhi family but also of whole nation and when she accepting that she is Indian from the bottom of her heart that shows her commitment (one prof added that he also thinks same and also mentioned Bush famous saying about India.)

Q. Can you tell me your job profile?
ANS: Told that I am working in Nortel CDMA project.

Q. Hey….we observed that our mobile shows no signal sometimes can you suggest any changes for improvement ?
ANS: I talked all technical stuff saying improved handoff …and adaptive and overlapping sector ka funda.

Q. (Lady getting curious) hey I don’t know this is right but I use CDMA mobile and observed that every time I reach top of the flyover the connectivity drop any reason for this?
ANS: (I said I will think on this and shown I went in loops…I felt this is just crap no reason I can see ) Maam I don’t see reason for this

(OK Rushikesh tell me this when you will find it in future!!!)

Q. Rushikesh…tell me why manhole called as manhole?
ANS: Told I don’t know but might be due to Man should not fall through the it … (no satisfaction on his face)

Q. So Rushikesh why manhole cover is only circular? Why not other shapes?
ANS: Sir don’t know but try to guess (he said go ahead)
Sir only circular shape don’t have edges so it will not affect to the tiers of wheels (he said no )
Sir circular shape is optimum use of area (he said no )
Then he said can you put the cover inside …..I got the hint thanks…. reason same as the cover of cooker being circular so that it should not fall inside…and I like to correct my earlier and that manhole named as Manhole because through it man can go inside…bingo!!!

Q. So how many calls Rushikesh ?
Ans: Thankfully all six sir …

Q. So how you compare your performance in A and C ?
ANS: Bata diya….GD more better than this GD.. I can’t compare as my C PI yet not over.
Q. Consider your C PI is over here …
ANS : Then I rate IIM C better than A.

Q. Why A guys stressed you in PI ?
ANS: No sir actually I missed some sitters there something related to my BE project.

Q. Where do you think you stand in our GD ?
ANS: Sir I think I am in top three.

Q. So how you compare A with C ?
ANS: Sir I think A,B,C are all at same level and this time I am not in position no differentiate between them but I seen many good things with IIM C like…its becoming consulting hub. As I am looking forward for career in this area it is better for me…one more good thing is it’s initiative in social area whose motto has same as my long term goal….so looking at all this I thing IIM C will be better choice for me….but still after result I will do further analysis and decide between the call I get.

Ok thank you very much Rushikesh…All the Best for Your….

Such a marathon PI but no stress no grilling I really enjoyed it.

So will CAL call me ? Time being I will cross fingers, toes. legs ,arms all that I can cross !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home