Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Two stories on the eve of IIM results

The last few days were just gone in dormant mood. But I thought I need to wake up before the IIM final result will give me a wake up call. After the 3 long years of the waiting I am expecting a birth in some top management institutes in India. But meanwhile under the clouds of the B-school ranking, hefty pay packages and lucrative international offers somehow I missed my path and forget after all MBA is nothing other than education and became one of those who look it as remedy of all the worries and that itself created the biggest worry that I will be in or out. Questions like will I be in top three? Why not IIM A? What if all IIM say me thank you and try best next time? popped up in my mind.

While wandering on net while waiting for the results, I got some good read on the eve of my IIM results. These two examples are people who not only believe in their dreams but also followed them.

Meet Alwin the PagalGuy who once rejected by four IIMs, belived in his dreams, rejected MDI, started the famous Pagalguy.com and became youngest Indian ever to get in Wharton.

Meet Sarath Babu IIM A passed out who like to follow the entrepreneur path other than safe corporate career.

This are really inspiring examples especially for a person like me who is struggling to hold his patients.

After reading these stories what I had done last week? I visited many temples around not to lobby for my seat in IIMs but to ask God to give me courage to face my results if there is anything bad stored for me and also give me strength to keep my feet firm on ground if anything good happening in coming days.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that pagalguy allywin agnel has a rich dad , so his MBA abroad isnt necessarily an achievement

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Rushikesh Humbe said...

@Anonymous

Every rich fella don't get admit from WARTON dude...

I meet this guy in one of the event and believe me he really deserve to get into warton.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rishikesh,
UR story is truly inspiring.U shud certainly take up writing more of these motivational incidences which hppn to u or around u.

Cheers !

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Rushikesh,
your eXp & whole journey towrds IIM A is really inspiring.
best of luck for the future.

:)s,
Pankaj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home