Thursday, April 20, 2006

What I want out of my MBA?

When I started this blog I asked Same Question to me and now after getting into the India’s top most B School I am asking same question to myself. What I want out of my MBA?

You will say what the hell I am doing by thinking on this? After all I got into IIMA and anyways with two years of rat race I will end up with some decent CG (looking at my mugging skill record and my score labels) and some decent job from campus and I will live happily……so I shouldn’t think much and just chill and relax to prepare myself so to stay ahead in this race.

Same thing was told to me when I meet a tuchcha (senior IIMA student) and asked him my queries on life in IIMA. In his words “What world (companies) look in guy from IIMA is not how much he knows or how much he learnt but where he stands among others? So if you want to end in good companies make sure you will always stay ahead”

Thanks a lot friend for giving me ground reality before entering on battle ground. I always appreciate a healthy competition that always help you to improve but sometimes I seen this competition become so intense that you don’t look beyond the marks and grades and you start compromising on your learning. Same thing happened with me when I spend my four years in engineering.

I am expecting my management career to change this equation. I am looking my MBA as value addition not merely in terms of CG I got or fat pay packages I earned after two years but something that equips me with capability to face anything in life. It should equip me with abilities to grow up in my area of interest which I choose not by chance but my choice,

After all I don’t want to feel that my MBA was by choice but my career by chance.

3 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger nemo said...

Nice compilation of your CAT expereince. Was a pleasure to go through your blog

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhuh... try to come in without any expectations. what you get out of it depends almost entirely on you, but it helps not to expect things -certainly not as grandiose as
"equips me with capability to face anything in life"

what you will get is a year or so of a hard work (which might or might not be alien to you) and a lot more obvious opportunities when you exit. how far you use them is - needless to say - down to you.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Haresh said...

I found your posts inspiring enough to have a link of your blog from my blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home