Thursday, April 13, 2006

Nothing Taste Sweeter Than a Deserving Success

12th April was be one of the memorial days of my life. The day started at 12.00 AM sharp and IIM C came up with their list of final admits. This was the first IIM to declare it’s GD/PI results also. I entered my number and congratulation message popped up. Yes I got into India’s one of the best B school. It was really a great joy. It was 1.00 AM in night and I even couldn’t call at my home so shared the joy with friends. Then I was anxiously waiting for IIM A and IIM B results to get out but these guys made me to wait further. I waited last 3 years for this day and to wait for even 3 hours was unbearable for me. I tried sleeping but all attempts were in vain.
It was not a usual morning for me. I waked up before my doodwala bhaiyya came to ring my door bell. No signs for A and B results on their sites. I know these guys will declare them in their office time which is not going to start before 9.00. So I used this time to make up my mind and also called many friends and family members and told them that I am least bother about A and B results as now I have one in top 3 with me.

But actually I was not. When you come to such stage and you are sure you deserve the best your mind fails to settle for anything else. Mine was same case.

While refreshing PG n number of times I got the IIM A results link.The page was taking time to load and my heart beats crossed 100 meanwhile. When I entered the number my hands were badly shaking. And I pressed GO what come on screen after that ……

You have been selected for admission to PGP (2006-2008 batch), IIMA.

I jumped with joy….tears roll over my cheeks and last 3 years of preparation passed in front of my eyes in that one moment.

A chap who studied in Marathi medium school up to 12th in a remote place….had already tasted what the failure is in his NTSE and IIT attempts. Whenever he talked in English people use to laugh on his ascent and funny grammar. He came to know about the CAT in his second year of engineering. He never thought he ever crack it so neglected it next 2 years. But after giving NITIE exam he thought he will surely crack the CAT one day. The day came after 3 years. Meanwhile he had been not even selected in any of the top B-School. He never wanted to settle for anything than top B-School. Every time he failed, he waked up with determination to stand there firm. And he finally had done it……

This is snapshots of my journey to IIM A but it will surely not complete without my track record and I am proud to share it with you.

YEAR 2003
Given NITIE --> Out in written test.
CAT 2003 -->77 percentile.
JMET -->Rank 3400 +
Kicked out by FMS, IIFT, NITIE in written test only

YEAR 2004
CAT 2004 -->88 percentile
JMET -->Rank 1965
Kicked out by FMS, IIFT, NITIE in written and IRMA in GD/PI

YEAR 2006
CAT 2005 --> 99.71 Percentile with BLACKI + NITIE

CONVERTED: ACLK + NITIE

I used to say “Beauty of dreams lies in the dreams itself but now the beauty I seen after this success cannot be described in words”

I owed my success to my friends, my family members whose confidence on me always boost my moral and yes the almighty who always there to bless me.

30 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Tejas said...

Hi Mitra....

I had told you....the day will come when you will say from Ahmednagar to Ahmedabad....
Congrats man...You have done it...
I am so proud of you...Nice to have a batchmate like you...in IIM A....
Take care and God Bless...

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rushya,

Spctacular achievement.You have done everyone of us proud!

Reading your blog makes this achievement even more splendid & After all success tastes sweeter when the race is a hurdles race, isn't it?

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Prashant M Desai said...

GREAT JOB DUDE !

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Prashant M Desai said...

Gret Job DUDE !

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heartly congratulation rishikesh,
N all the best for your bright future ahead !!

Best Regards
Sohan Soni

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great odyssey towards conquering your much awaited goal. Your recent post here sums it all. Perseverance Patience and Passion you have defined it all :) Congratulations for your fab two years at A

 
At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heartiest Congratulations.
Awesome dude. Thats a fantastic news you have shared.

Wish you the very best in your future and we all are confident that you will never look back in you life.

Keep chasing your dreams.
vikrant.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rushikesh..
Great to c ur post on PG n blogspot.
Man! ur story is inspiring. If there is persistence, the failure turns to success.
All the best n hope that u make the best out of u.
Bye

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Rishi.

- Bhuga

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed.
Congrats on your achievement.
And keep that attitude going!

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rushya, mala tula je sangayacha hota te mi sangitala ahech, hi comment evadhyasathi ki mi tuza blog wachayala suruwat keli ahe he tula kalawa..! :)

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just visited your blog ... inspiring stuff ... will be awesome to have a batch like you in IIM A ...

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi rushikesh,

read abt ur journey..congrats on ur hard earned success, I wish u all the best in future as well, u really fought for it man..looking fwd to see u at WIMWI.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrates dude.. this is the frst time i have come across such inspiring stuff it aint jst gimmicks or talk its the real stuff.. Congrats 1nce again

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrates dude.. this is the frst time i have come across such inspiring stuff it aint jst gimmicks or talk its the real stuff.. Congrats 1nce again

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger SD said...

hello sir..
ur story is inspiring and very affectionate...
congrats... n this wud be my source of inspiration...
thanx a lot...
saurabh

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Read abt ur experience.. u really deserve it man!.. i wish i too can taste the success in april 2006.. ur story really boosted up my spirits... thanks yaar...
all the best for the next 2 years at IIMA...

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am proud that i got to know someone like u... our attitudes do match a lot buddy...lets see if i can do a Rushikesh :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply Amazing!!!
All the best for ur future Rushi.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Haresh said...

Good post, really. I wish I would write my such post and become your junior in IIM-A. :)

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,
dude, ur attitude totally rocks !!!
i really appreciate u for documenting this stuff....feels really inspiring...all the best for a great great future....

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Abhishek Asthana said...

wow !! simply superb !! u deserve standing avation .I am so inspired from ur blog ! Just want to tell u that its just ppl like u that become role model for us to follow so just keep guiding janta with more achievements and dont settle any time its just the start ! best of luck .

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude u rock!!
Here's a salute for you!!
There's nothing like nurturing a tree and eating the fruits!!
Enjoy every moment, U deserve all of it!!

Gaurav

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude u rock!!
Here's a salute for you!!
There's nothing like nurturing a tree and eating the fruits!!
Enjoy every moment, U deserve all of it!!

Gaurav

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiiiii your story really inspire people like me who got frustrated for their repeated efforts in CAT unable to crack it . yes eventually patience , passion &peresverance pays .this is proved once again in ur case. hats off to u .

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger yash said...

khoopas chaan aahe :)

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humbe-Don, I was reading your blog and was truly ispired by your passion to succeed and zeal to win. Hats off to you. May many more Rushikesh Humbe like you make COEP proud.

-Anoop Deoras

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rushikesh Humbe,
That is........am spell bound dude.....your post here has touched me so much...with your average English, the post looks so innocent, honest and amazing real...hv read many posts here (wouldnt to name them), they are very good, in a different way. they having excellent english and a very good sense of writing and story telling....but your is so natural and simple yet so amazingly inspiring....

from 77% to 99.7 .....unbelievable !!!
I am inspired !!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey bro,
to be true i would like u to be a writer one day wit a great novel rocking the charts...u rock man reading ur story i swear tht i had tears in my eyes coz i always blame the almighty of nt standing wit me......but u hav inspired me man hats off to this gentleman guys i wish him all the best fr his great future ahead
.....

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very inspiring...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home