Monday, December 31, 2007

Bye bye 2007 !!!

Most of you ( who still visit this blog though it is inactive since long time) will surprise to see me back in action. Few of you might think that it must be part of my new year resolutions to resume blogging. But you are wrong this time. This year end is unusual for me as I decided to give break to my usual practice of making long list of resolutions. This I learned after realizing that last few years I was making same resolutions :)

So just after witnessing the last sunset of year from D-22 (my dorm in IIMA) terrace I concluded end of 2007. When I looked back how the year went and I realized that there were many promises I made to myself and others which included keep on sharing various things happening in my MBA journey but somehow I failed to keep them. Few of you kept sending me mails on how you felt after reading my blog and why I should keep writing. That made my mind to bring back this conversation ( I call it so because I always felt like talking with you rather than writing)

This year started with my third and last term ( which is known as most hectic in IIMA) here. The next 3 months went so fast and I celebrated completion of one gruesome year at IIMA. Next 2 months I have to go through my summer internship. I took this as an opportunity to have some nice time. Thankfully the workload was not much and I enjoyed traveling to different parts of country as a part of my work. For sake of change I also worked sometimes during this period.

I started my second year with 4th semester in June about which I already talked in last post. This semester ended with a outdoor course 'SHODYATRA' which is known as journey for exploration. We went to Sikkim and it was my first chance to witness Himalayan beauty. The journey was lifetime experience and I will cherish memories of it throughout my life. Though the exploration turned into a group trek but I still believe that though I was not able to achieve major breakthrough in my life ( which is one of course objectives) it made some long lasting difference.

I already made a choice to stay on campus for 5th semster rather than going on exchange. This choice was made after lot of deliberation. I set some goals for semester to support my decision and one of that was traveling around to visit the places which I haven't yet seen. I had even chosen subjects that had classes on only 3 days of week so that I can get rest of the week free for other activities. I attended two B-school festivals at IMT and FMS in Delhi to get few more labels of achievements on my CV. Even I gave a serious thought to team up with 3 other guys on campus to take on some entrepreneurship plans but we have to wind it up before anything significant happening on this front.

This semester ended up with one more outdoor course called Strategy Safari in Malaysia. It was great experience to visit Singapore and Malaysia over 15 days. It was my first time experience of traveling outside India. So apart from admiring South Asian beauty I had some learning out of this tour as well.

I landed up on campus to start with 6th semester which is very important for obvious reasons of placement. I polished my CV and now will be busy sharpening few fundas that I learned over last one and half year. After all I must sound knowledgeable enough to impress corporates. So 2008 will be very important for these companies who will fight among themselves to decide whom I should choose over coming days :)

Bye bye 2007 .....I am anxiously waiting for 2008 !!! Happy New Year to all of you !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home