Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yooo!!! Finished With One More Term at IIMA

Today I finished with one more series of exam here. Though the experience was not as deadly as that of my first year exams and all credit for this goes to so called ‘Tuchchadom’. Ohh I never told you what this Tuchchadom is!!

I would call it as '-ve NPV project' which everyone happily embraces here in second year. When you have plenty of time to do anything other than study. So everyone end up doing all kind of vella activities like giving gyan to fachchas, getting sadistic pleasure by laughing on their plight, by watching all possible(including hit, flop and …)kinds and types of movies under sun, celebrating your friends PPO parties, going out on for bike trips on weekends. In nut shell your try your best to take revenge of the system which screwed one beautiful year of your life and kept you away from all possible pleasures. But how this suddenly becomes possible? Logic is quite simple; you don’t have any incentive to study more!! and if you ask me where the hell this motivation suddenly vanishes? That is also not difficult to know.

There are very few here, who think two years at IIMA is a learning experience. Most of us take it as signaling outside word that we are best of the rest!!! Then once you gain enough credits for such signaling then you don’t care for anything. Some lucky few already have lot of signaling factors before they land up at this place. It might be high flying JEE rank, an IITian tag, insanely great academic track record, so called ‘network’ with those who can act godfather for you. No more signaling is required if you are female as you already have a spade ace with you!! One or more of these signaling factors fetch you a lucrative summer placement. Then these guys work their asses off to convert it into the PPO (Pre Placement Offer) from their employer and once you have that you have passport to screw the system. The rest of the bunch who miss this PPO train also don’t bother to put any more efforts just because fate of the biggest signaling factor i.e. CGPA is already sealed at the end of first year. So everyone loose their motivation to put any more efforts and all set to enjoy one complete fraud year ahead!!! (Is this sound something similar to market failure?)

People do all kind of activities to beat the whole purpose of learning. They take so called fraud courses ( one which don’t demand much of your efforts and are comparably less painful ) do some interesting projects overnight at the expense of normal credit courses. They no longer bother to read the bulky casemates and walk to classes straight from their beds to catch some sound sleep under AC. You see professors getting pissed off seeing there is no more excitement among students for learning.

Now you can see my excitement in the above subject line? But if you ask me I am really excited? The answer is no. It is no big deal when you wrote open book exams with close mind and complete the formality of giving exams. Yes I am also the part of the lot who daily murder the whole essence of system here. But my story is bit different and you will surely like to know more about it so will be covering it in detail in coming posts. Coming next in this series .....

First Term @IIMA - A Deadly Experience !!!
Second Term - Summer in the Mids of Winter
Third Term - Abb Baas Hua yaar.
Summer Internship - Finally I Broke Free !!
Forth Term - Back to Sqaure One

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Sushant said...

Hi Rushikesh,

I read your blog last year in october...it was really a morale booster...unfortunately I did not write CAT last year...in 2005 though I tried..when u made it :-).
Today 6 days before CAT I searched for your blog with a faint memory of ur story + the name of ur blog.I needed this...after around 6-7 attempts I could see ur blog in the search list.It was gr8.
I had 94.5 in 2005...but still u see not clearing it same at 77 / 88 / 94.5...so ur blog came to my rescue.It has been a great read...especially for smone who has tasted defeat...I have taken ur advice...let us see how I convert it....

Thanks anyway...hope to see u sometime with IIM tag.. :-)
Nice post again...I like the way u summarise the things..u're gr8 at it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home