Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Road Ahead

As lats process got kicked off at IIMA, the temperature on campus started rising in chilling winter here. Last few weeks I was busy and bored with polishing my CV. Believe me it is most time consuming and daunting task before placements. Your have to write about all you done in last 25 years in less than 25 lines !! and that also in glorified language to differentiate.

This word is not that simple as it looks. It is the RULE of the game. People come to IIMs so that they can get brand to gain differentiating power. Once they land up here they realize there are plenty like them around and that make them restless. Then starts rat race for one more level of differentiation and if that is not enough one more .......

I had willingly or unwillingly seen or been part many of these rat races over last two years.When everyone was getting ready for the final race I was not sure what to do. The 'placement holiday' (one can oops out of placement and come back anytime over next 2 years) created some more confusion.The confusion is finally ended in my recent visit to Pune. I doused my 'entrepreneurial spirit' and winded my 'off the track' plans to take a safe road ahead. I also started believing Dash who once said "IIMs are nothing but placements agencies make best use of them"

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Mez said...

Lol..i like the last line. Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home