Monday, January 07, 2008

Kingfisher's Innovative Business Model

The Kingfisher-Deccan JV is yet to prove the test of time but before that I witness great synergy between them last week. When I booked my air ticket online, I seen there were two choices one offered by Kingfisher and other by Deccan. There was small note below Kingfisher flight saying that this flight is operated by Deccan Airways. I was confused which one to choose so I checked few more details. I conclude that as the flight numbers and prices offered were different these two flights must not be same. So with the expectation of getting better 'service' and food during journey I happily put my money on Kingfisher.

When I landed at the airport in Mumbai, I was shocked to see there were no such flight operated by Kingfisher. This was nothing but the Air Deccan's flight which they claimed Kingfisher's operated by Deccan. I kept wondering on why the hell they charged premium from me ??

My disappointment is aggravated by seeing a male cabin crew greeting me at the doors of plan (who said Deccan has changed !!! ) . When I took my seat I realized both seats next to me were vacant. After some time one of that was occupied by an Air Hostess. I realized that by no way she looked like Air Deccan's crew. After talking with her I came to know she was from Kingfisher. The last thing I should do is to complain about this incidence. But I couldn't stop myself doing that. She also wondered how this can happened.

I realized one more innovative lesson on creating synergy and yes I realized why I paid few more bucks !! I missed Kingfisher's food but thankfully not its service :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home